Thursday, April 25, 2013

So, I carry this disease

I carry this disease called Malaria. 

I didn't ask to have it or have the ability to pass it on to others. 

But, the fact is I do. 

You see, I'm a female mosquito with protists running through my tiny little body. 

A bite from me could be deadly.

 I start getting hungry around dusk and hunt for food until I'm all full with somebody's blood. 

 It's getting a little trickier to find a meal in my neck of the woods. 

People are starting to get these net thingies to hang over their beds. Makes it harder for me to eat.

I've heard the nets are provided by a special fund at Compassion.

I have no I idea what Compassion is, that's just what I've heard.

I do know that because of these nets fewer people are getting sick.

And, I've heard there are a lot of homes without nets, a lot of kids unprotected from me feeding on them.

I'm headed there now.

No comments: